I officially apologize to the incompetent support staff at ATT Uverse. It would appear that the problem is officially with Comcast in blocking my ATT IP address from my own web server on Comcast's network. If I could force my router to take a new IP address from a different range I will prove it most thoroughly. I switched to openDNS for DNS support and that proved that it actually was not a DNS problem. Then I switched to route through an open proxy (shhh) to mask my ip address and I was able to reach my server.
Comcast has a policy where they feel free to block certain kinds of traffic. They do this to prevent Spamming and phishing. They also do it to block telecommuting. Time Warner will also block telecommuting. My use of Remote Desktop Connection, MS Frontpage and FTP all together I'm guessing must send up big red flags that I'm "telecommuting". That is not cool. What is the point of having business class broadband if you won't allow remote access to your business servers. Grrrr. We'll see what we can do.