Thursday, March 12, 2009

Blessings

Yesterday and still today I want to acknowledge and be thankful for my blessings. Karen and I got our raise and bonus info yesterday. The good news is that we got a raise and bonus. That seems to be a big deal in this economy and I am very grateful for that. I'm grateful that Karen and I work for a very stable employer. Although we are shedding contractors in the IS area (which is sort of what they are for) we are well positioned to weather the storm as a company.

I am very grateful to be married to an uber employee who consistently wows her management. Her success of late is mind boggling yet very pleasing as I wait for her to soar past me and make my early retirement a pleasant reality.

I am also impressed with her ability to complete her schooling through the adverse and harsh studying conditions at home. Here she is studying statistics with Coco our cat. See if you can spot the difficulty.

Apparently Coco has a deep interest in statistics as well. Such as what percentage of cats have an urge to sit on your books, notebooks and papers exactly when you want to view them.
However Eloise and Smudgie prefer more esoteric repartee in deciding whether it is better to be "in the box" or "out of the box".





No comments: