Thursday, September 4, 2008

The First Time

So yesterday was my daughter's first car accident. She was on her way to drop off Ike at St. Marcus and she started off from a stop sign and didn't see a minivan approaching. The corners of the two vehicles came together. Katie and Ike were fine but Moby Dick lost an eye. I was on the far north side just about to pick up Zach from the Marines Recruiting Station when I got the call. Its the first one I've gotten about an accident. When I think of how many similar calls my parents have gotten from us 4 boys, I have to admire their fortitude. However we definately were a little less hysterical. I knew the moment I answered the phone what had happened but I didn't understand a word she said for 5 minutes. I'm surprised she didn't pass out from hyperventilating. By the end of the day she was in good shape and over it. I think it helped that I installed Skype and she was able to talk to her new friends from Chile on the "phone".


Moby Dick


No comments: