Friday, July 24, 2009

If You Want To Know Why.....

I distrust government to take over anything...much less something as significant as healthcare here is a classic example.

In 1966, the year Medicare law was enacted, the cost was $3 billion and estimated to be $12 billion by 1990. Actual cost in 1990 for Medicare was $107 billion. In 2007, Medicare spent $468 billion on prescription drugs, hospital care and physician services.

Find your favorite goverment program and find its original estimate and then its actual costs. Were they less? Did those "savings" appear? Were costs held down? I'm guessing not. Government is not qualified or capable of running ANYTHING efficiently.

With numbers of this magnitude you do not ram this down a country's throat in a few weeks and say "yeah close enough on the estimates give or take a trillion...just vote it through"

Of course this just addresses the inefficiency and incompetency of government that most people are aware of. It should be enough to scare the crap out of you. However I wish there was more of an uproar to decry how un-American this whole concept is. People forced to buy insurance or pay a penalty. Business forced to buy insurance or pay a penalty. Whose America is this? Comrade Obama's I guess. I'm waiting for when those small businesses go to a few of their employees and say, "I'm laying you 2 employees off and I'm going to use your salaries to buy insurance for everyone else. Phew..good thing you two can get government insurance now huh? I bet you're relieved."

I want to file charges of governmental rape of Liberty.

1 comment:

Cheryl L Johnson said...

I'm watching Blazing Saddles right now. I love that movie. I love Cleavon Little: "Excuse me while I whip this out."

Anyway, here's a new quote for you: "I wash born here, an I wash raished here, and dad gum it, I am gonna die here, an no sidewindin' bushwackin', hornswagglin' cracker croaker is gonna rouin me bishen cutter." - (Gabby Johnson, Blazing Saddles, 1974)

My point? You can yell what may be "gibberish" to some, but regardless, yell and you will be heard. People will hear you and may even quote you 35 years from now, too!