Wednesday, May 6, 2009

New Victory Technology

I have recently added some new technology to the Victory website. I had been trying to implement a new podcast generator for awhile but kept being stymied by errors. I finally resolved them by setting up an Apache webserver and running the podcast site from it. You can get to the site by going to http://podcast.victoryofthelamb.com . It is linked into the main site and should be relatively transparent that it runs on a different webserver. It is a great tool because it formats the podcast feed to be optimized for iTunes and includes tools to ping iTunes for an update. The last podcast tool I had was very very basic and not suitable for iTunes. Also I noticed that this tool streams the podcast much faster than the last one I used. Another feature that I have not played with yet is the ability to add video to the blog and have video blogs.

I am working on upgrading the wiki infrastructure of the Victory site as well. There is a new version that has some very desirable features. I think it will be the last key ingredient to being able to totally share the content management of the site.

In other technology excitement, I am greatly looking forward to setting up our wireless TV broadcast so that we can beam our service to the lobby TV or if we ever need to overflow into the other theater we can beam our service into the other theater. I'm going to call it WVIC...broadcasting church services within a 1000 feet of Showtime Cinema once a week....commercial free.

I bet you're all as excited as I am.

No comments: